Sunday, March 8, 2009

Altered Box/Layout

I decided to take a break from cutting shapes and words to put on the bulletin board, so today I was able to complete two quick projects. If you look closely at both you will find that I definitely need to work on my stamping. My first project was to alter this tin that I had bought from JoAnn's about a month ago. I felt that I needed to put something on the top, so I used the pink ribbon. The loops are larger on one side (not on purpose)! I used glossy paper which I later found to be the wrong choice because I used two different colors for the rose and the leaves, but the colors seemed to melt into each other on the glossy paper (not the effect I was looking for). I used my new Fiskars punch that I purchased from the new Scrapbook store in Columbia, SC. The Grand Opening was this weekend. The store is named Scrappin Creations, they had someone demonstrating the different ways to use the punches and I had to get this punch after seeing the different ways it could be used.

My second project was a layout. I hadn't done a layout in months, but I found a K & Company 12 x 12 book that has the frame already cut out for pictures. After you add your pictures you can embellish a little or a lot it's totally up to you. For those of you that know me a know that I embellish ALOT!!! The picture is of my daughter playing dress up when she was 2 years old. TFL.